Itamar Updates July 6th 2012
- This week a memorial service was held for Rachel Shabo and three of her children and Yosef Twito who were killed back in 2002 when a terrorist entered the Shabo home. Yosef who was the head of the response team was killed trying to get into the house to save the family. Rachel was survived by her husband Boaz and four other children. Two of the four children were in the house at the time of the massacre both were injured but miraculously survived. Yosef, was survived by his wife Rachel and five children. Boaz was remarried a few years ago and was blessed with triplets.
- Itamar welcomed the visit of our dear friend Alan Nussbaum and a first time visitor Eli Lieberman from New York. They really enjoyed the tour of the community and got the special privilege of reaching some of our most remote hills extending into the decent leading to the Jordan valley.
- A resident from the Itamar hilltops has recently opened up a small winery. We strongly recommend our visitors to stop by when touring Itamar.
- Mazal Tov to the Gadot family for purchasing a home on Itamar this week.
- Itamar is blessed with beautiful wild life and fauna. Enjoy the rare picture of an owl spotted during the day.
- Watch Rabbi Goldsmith’s new Torah lesson on Parashat Balak. Where he clarifies Psam 117 Why the nations of the world praise G-D for bestowing His kindness upon Israel.