Itamar News Updates May 25th 2012
- Itamar welcomes back Rabbi Moshe and Leah Goldsmith who were on a speaking tour for the last two and a half weeks. Special thanks to all the dear friends of Itamar abroad that hosted them and help arrange their different speaking engagements.
- Itamar celebrated a beautiful Jerusalem Day with a joint celebration with three of its neighboring communities. Elone More, Yitzhar, and Har Bracah. The celebration took place in the Itamar Yeshiva in its new building Mishkan Ehud. The event included singing and dancing and special addresses were delivered by each of the different Rabbis of the communities. It was a tremendous display of Achdut –unity.
- As the summer approaches the time has come to start promoting the Itamar summer camp and summer program. Anyone that can help us by sponsoring a child would be doing a great service to our community. To sponsor a child send in a donation to Friends of Itamar for 125 dollars and air mark the check or pay pal donation “Itamar summer camp”. Of course, any amount large or small will be greatly appreciated so don’t be shy to donate. Every penny makes a difference. The mailing address for donations and the pay pal donation option are on both of our sites. www.touritamarsupportisrael.com or www.friendsofitamar.org
- Many dear friends have expressed their interest in visiting our town. Don’t hesitate please contact us and we will be happy to arrange for you a personal tour.
- A special prayer was said by our community as we laid the foundation of our main synagogue room.
- Mazal Tov to the Ronsky and Chai families on the birth of sons this week! Mazal Tov to the Shmulieli family on the Bar Mitzvah of their son Elazar.
- Itamar wishes all its dear friends a very happy and inspiring holiday of Shavuot!
- Enjoy the special holiday Shavuot recipe recommended by Merav Goldsmith.
- Watch Rabbi Moshe Goldsmith new Torah lesson for the holiday of Shavuot where he talks about the vitality of the Torah. Without Torah we are like fish out of water.
Post a Comment