Itamar News Updates July 13th 2012
- Last Shabbat one of our remote hilltop neighborhoods came under attack by hundreds of nearby villagers who lit fires to the surrounding brush attempting to burn our homes down and threw rocks at our residents and soldiers. It all began when some of our people visited a nearby spring and were hit over the head with sticks and were attacked by stone throwers. Itamar and its hills are situated on a huge land mass which makes it very accessible for intruders. Unfortunately, we have paid a very big price over the years because of our hostile neighbors. All we want to do is build our town and farm the land that was given to us as a Divine inheritance.
- Itamar welcomed famous movie writer and director Heywood and Patty Gould that came to tour our community.
- Mazal tov to the Shriki family that bought a house on Itamar this week. Thank G-D we are growing every day!
- Mazal Tov to Rabbi and Ayalah cohen on the engagement of their son Yonatan this week.
- Mazal Tov to Amos and Avigayil Cohen on the Bar Mitzvah of their son Yehudah.
- This week’s portion we learn about the daughters of Tzlafchad that loved the land of Israel and wanted an inheritance. Enjoy the pictures of the ancient grain store house taken on Megiddo and the beautiful palm tree bent over taken at the Barron Rothschild Park in Zichron Yaakov. This a typical scene of the Tzlaphchad inheritance located in the Tirtzah valley in the tribal portion of Menashe.
- Watch Rabbi Goldsmith’s new Torah lesson for the week.