Itamar News Updates August 24th 2012
- We give a special thanks again to Rabbi Lefkowitz, Eddie and Fern Wunsch , Anshay Chesed and all those who made this amazing summer possible for the Itamar children. This week the summer program ended with a number of great events. Enjoy the pictures of the children enjoying their water rides and other attractions.
- Itamar welcomed Khasane Ramolefefrom Lesotho Africa. Lesotho is a small African country in southern Africa. Khasane is the advisor to the Deputy prime minister of Lesotho. Khasane wants to help his small country, about the size of Israel, thrive like Israel. He came on a special tour to Israel in order to learn at close hand how to make a small county flourish. He was so impressed with the agriculture on Itamar and asked if our town would help him in setting up similar farms in Lesotho. He visited our hot houses, dairy farm, chicken coops and other sites and was so impressed at the success of our community.
- Mazal Tov to Rabbi Yitzchak and Sari Chemo on the marriage of their son Ori Nissim this week!
- Mazal Tov to Rabbi Uzi Damari and Rachel on finishing the addition of their home this week. Rachel and Rabbi Uzi have been living on Itamar since its founding back in 1984. They had no choice but to expand their kitchen and living room in order to allow room for all their grandchildren who are constantly visiting with them. What a great blessing!
- Watch Rabbi Goldsmith’s new Torah lesson for the week where he discusses the importance of preserving nature.