Itamar News June 15th 2012
- Mazal Tov to Ofer and Yael Head on the Bat Mitzvah of their daughter Livonah.
- Mazal Tov to Raayah upon her marriage to Yoni Meir. Raayah is doing her national service on Itamar.
- This week a memorial service was held on Itamar for the Chitzim high school boys that were killed in terrorist attacks over the years. Three boys Gilad Shtiglitz, Avi Siton, and Nitanel Rihachi were killed on campus in 2001 when a terrorist entered the Yeshiva and attacked the dormitory. Another student Shmuel Yirushalmi was killed at a bus stop by a suicide bomber a few weeks later in Jerusalem waiting to return home. That same night the shabo massacre took place on Itamar. Rachel Shabo and 3 of her children Neria, Tzvi and Avishay were massacred on Itamar together with the head of the Itamar response team Yosef Twito. Neria Shabo studied at the Itamar high school. Matan Zagron a graduate of the Chitzim high school and resident of Itamar was killed in Ariel when he jumped on a suicide bomber that was running towards a crowded bus stop. Ben Yosef Livnat a Chitzim graduate and the nephew of Knesset member Limor Livant was murdered last April when he entered the Tomb of Joseph. The memorial service included the completion of the entire Babylonian Talmud by Rabbi Idles the head of the Yeshiva. Rabbi Dov Lior Rabbi of Kiriyat Arba, Rabbi Levanon of Elone More, and Rabbi Natan Chay of Itamar addressed the crowd. Those that participated in the service included the families of the slain boys, students, graduates, and members of the Itamar community and its surroundings. Thank G-D, the Itamar high school is thriving and G-D willing planning to build a permanent campus in the coming years.
- Itamar is known for its special beauty and magnificent nature scenes with a tremendous diversity of attractions for tourists. The word has been spreading to everywhere in and out of Israel. There is a new trend of elementary schools visiting our community. This week the Avney Chefetz school came to Itamar for a school trip and last week the Kidumim school came. We recommend that those who have not yet visited with us make the effort – you will never be the same.
- Itamar enjoyed the visit of a group of tourists and special friends from America and Uganda Africa. They visited with our Yeshiva high school where they had lunch and explored the beautiful surroundings of our community.
- Our synagogue project is in full swing please enjoy the pictures of the progress.
- Itamar’s farmers are working hard to show how special the blessing of the land is. This is the true rectification of the sin the spies. Enjoy some of the clips and photos.
- Watch Rabbi Goldsmith’s class on this week’s portion. In addition he has begun giving lessons on the book of Ruth dedicated in the honor of his dear friends the Shaw family. Enjoy lesson one and two.