- Itamar welcomed the visit of Dr. Neil Dubro from Colorado who came to see the community at first hand. Dr. Neil is a dear friend of Itamar and has hosted Rabbi Goldsmith and his wife Leah in his home and helped them set up speaking engagements in the Colorado area.
- A special thanks to Amichay A. for accepting the difficult position as Itamar’s chief security officer. Amichay replaces Yinon who did a great job since the Fogel massacre in heading Itamar security. Yinon had to leave after he met his partner in life and decided to settle down. It goes without saying that security is quite a serious business here when two of our past security chiefs were killed by terrorists. Over the years Itamar has known too many terrible tragedies through Islamic terrorism. The well-being of our community is our major concern. A great part of the Itamar budget goes to security. Unfortunately, this is part of the reality that we live in.
- The Itamar summer has arrived like in many other places around the world. Every year we have a special summer program including a camp for the Itamar children and joint community and youth activities. Special thanks to our dear friends Eddie Wuntch, Rabbi Lefkowitz and the Anshey Chesed Shul from the five towns for making an appeal for the camp. We thank them dearly for many years they have been our major sponsors for this project. In addition, we want to thank, as well, all those who are participating in the project that are not from the five towns. We still need to raise substantial funds to fund the project so anyone interested can send a donation made out to the friends of Itamar mailed to:
Friends of Itamar
1483 East 34th Street
Brooklyn NY 11234
or via PayPal on our websites:
- The Itamar Shul project is really on the move! Special thanks to Dr Irving and Cherna Moskowitz who have been an amazing inspiration to Itamar over the years by their kin d support. We still need a lot more help to complete this project so any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
- Watch Rabbi Goldsmith’s new lesson on this week’s Torah portion. The lesson has been dedicated to Dr. Irving and Cherna Moskowitz. It is given in the background of the new Itamar synagogue going up.